Paypal is an e-wallet that can be used to make deposits or withdrawals at an online or mobile casino. It is a well-known e-wallet although it is not commonly available in the online casino industry. There are pros and cons of choosing to use Paypal and casinos who offer it as a method can be found for those who are looking for it.
There are many pros to using Paypal to fund your casino account.
- Creating a Paypal account is quick and easy – As Paypal is an e-wallet, it acts as a third party account. This means that you need to create a Paypal account and fund it before you can use it as a payment method. This process is quick and simple and can be done entirely online. All you need is an email address and to fill out the online form.
- Paypal accounts are free – Opening and managing a Paypal account is completely free with no ongoing fees.
- Funding your Paypal account is simple – A Paypal account can be linked to a bank account, a credit card or a debit card making it simple and quick to fund.
- High security – The high level of security ensured by Paypal is one of its biggest advantages. When you register you input your details and this is then stored on Paypal’s secure server. You do not need to input them again and they will not be shared with any other parties. Encryption software is used to protect your details and anti-fraud detection measures are used to detect unusual activity within your account.
- You can keep track of your spending – Whenever you use Paypal to fund your account or for any other purpose, you will be sent an email detailing the transaction. This will help you keep track of your spending and monitor the use of the account.
- Fast transfers – The transfer of funds to your casino account is done in real-time, meaning that there will be no delay between transferring the funds and being able to begin playing at the casino.
- Can be used for withdrawals – Paypal is available for withdrawals as well allowing you to use the same method to deposit into your account and withdraw from the account.
- Can be used via mobile – Paypal offers transfers via mobile. This allows you to fund your casino account whether you choose to play via the online platform or the mobile platform.
The cons of using Paypal to fund your casino account are far fewer.
- Limited number of casinos offering Paypal (list of casino sites here - paypalcasino.info) – Many online and mobile casinos do not offer Paypal as one of their payment methods. This means that if you are looking for a Paypal casino you will be limited in your choices.
- You need to open a Paypal account – This can be viewed as a pro just as easily as a con. But, it does require a short amount of time and effort and needs to be completed before you can use Paypal at a casino.